Paris, Tennessee has four, distinct seasons that flow with ease through downtown, where we still notice the colorful buds on azaleas in spring and the dogwoods turning from green to red in September. We also observe the seasons by hosting events on and around our historic, town square.
Blooming flowers put us all in a twitter and ready enjoy our town’s signature festival, the World’s Biggest Fish Fry. In conjunction with the Grand Parade, Fish Tent and more, Downtown Paris celebrates with the Small Fry Parade, Catfish Races (seriously), the Kids’ Chalk Crawl and plenty of Fish Fry sales in the shops.
Our Murals in the Alley provide a vibrant backdrop for the Paris, TN Fashion Shows. This event blends sunshine and perfect temps with the cutest clothing and accessories anywhere.
The Memorial Day Observance on the courthouse lawn is filled with stories we’ve forgotten, stories we never knew, music and prayer. It’s the perfect way to begin this special holiday.
Find the Fish is a warm-weather game that you can play only in Paris, TN. Click here to view the map or here to download the map that will lead you to more than two-dozen, statuesque fish.
Visiting Kentucky Lake? Everyone needs a day in the shade, so come Downtown where there are plenty of places to cool off.
Play by the bubbling water in Fountain Plaza, delve into history at the Heritage Center, marvel at the murals of Back Alley Paris or say “Ahhhh” to the AC as you discover our delightful shops
and boutiques. It’s a short drive for great experiences and irresistible deals; don’t miss ‘em!
What do Parisians do when the days turns warm? We make ice cream and share it with our friends at the Ice Cream Social and Antique Car & Tractor Show. This Downtown Paris
fundraiser is an ice cream lover’s dream come true. As for the antique cars and tractors, pick your favorites and cast your vote, but a word to the wise, “It’s not easy!!!”
What’s better than live music, dancing and delicious food on a crisp, autumn day? Sponsored by Commercial Bank, Noon on the Square makes everyone look forward to Fridays in September.
History lovers, newbies and folks who want to bone up on the interesting tidbits of Paris adore Downtown Paris Week with tours, food and drink specials, music and more.
For those who love a cold beer, terrific tunes and BBQ as it should be eaten – OUTSIDE WITH FRIENDS – there’s no better event than Blues, Brews & BBQ. Put it at the top of your party list.
ARTS ‘Round the Square lures talented artisans and eager buyers to downtown the last Saturday in September. Live music, food trucks and a KidZone round out the fun.
All ages enjoy the mouthwatering food, games, luminaries, live music, jumbotron, inflatables, booths and more that raise money for cancer research during the annual Relay for Life.
Enjoy snapping seasonal, family photos on the courthouse lawn where the scarlet dogwood leaves accent bales of straw, pumpkins, mum and bows. PS. Our back alleys are cool, too.
October is known for goblins, but Paris is known for friendly Scarecrows on the Square. Youngsters and grannies, alike enjoy strolling through these creative characters.
Downtown Unwrapped celebrates the special days that seem to click off far too quickly. From early November until Christmas, downtown shop owners will help you find perfect gifts for your
loved ones as your family makes memories at Downtown’s magical events.
- Advent Candles and Carols begins our celebration of Christmas. Join ministers from downtown churches for uplifting words and music of the season in the glow of lighted candles on the courthouse steps.
- Experience an enchanting weekend during Christmas Open House. Stroll through inviting shops, warm up at fire bowls surrounded by comfy chairs, enjoy carolers, downtown eateries and food trucks, extended shopping hours and perhaps even a few snowflakes!
- Whether you live in Paris or are visiting for a day of shopping, your Passport to Christmas is your chance to win BIG!
- Is your tree up yet? Get great ideas and plenty of Christmas spirit at Trees on the Square, located inside the 5 & 10 Event Center. Don’t forget to vote for your favorite!
- While other folks dread cold weather, the hearty folks of Paris are building “No Snow, Snowmen” to celebrate the arrival of winter! Bring your camera, our snowmen love FB.
- Headed out to view the homes that are twinkling for Light Up Paris – A Christmas Light Tour? Have fun and remember to vote for your favorite lighted business.
- The day after Thanksgiving, Downtown Paris welcomes Santa and his helpers for North Pole Family Fun Day. Visit with the Big Man, enjoy kid-friendly activities and fun galore!
- Nothing puts a bow on the holidays like the Holly, Jolly Festival and Electric Christmas Parade. Your fun-filled day will be capped off by an exciting, lighted Christmas parade.
- Christmas Eve is a time to slow down and take in the quiet beauty of Christmas. Our downtown churches invite you to their celebrations on this most holy of nights